Friday, November 15, 2013

Where Have I Been??

In a word: busy.

Busy with life, the family, the teenager, and that other thing...what was it? Oh, bootblacking!

Much has happened during the past several months and I am moving ahead in my training. I couldn't be happier! 

Here's some work I've been doing. The below photos are riding boots that had been...rather well used, shall we say. 

Icky muddy boots here:

Happy clean and shiny boots now!

And next, a pair of combat boots a friend gave me, that she picked up at a yard sale. I decided to do a little experimenting. Here's the before:


Using leather paint from Angelus and a little creativity, voila:


In June, I attended a Bootblack Breakout at Grove Lane Studios, in Frederick, Maryland. Here's me during a little rough bootblacking scene. Oofa:



In other news, I served as a bootblack at The Floating World in August, and have done a few other gigs as well. 

Finally -- drumroll please -- last month I was inducted as a full member of the Bootblack Brigade!!



No comments:

Post a Comment