Sunday, December 7, 2014

Update Since September

In a nutshell I have been cray-cray busy at work. Which means I have 0 left in the writing/creativity bit left at the end of the day.

This Sunday morning I am taking a little breather and will sum up what I've been doing leather-wise these past few months.

Here I am in Asbury Park, NJ, bootblacking at the Mr/Ms NJ Leather Competition (October 2014).



I had a blast coordinating the bootblacks for Philadelphia Leather Pride Night this November. Sadly, no pictures.

Last weekend I took a trip to the Baltimore Playhouse and I got the chance to work on these lovely silver Docs:


You can't see the improvement too well with the club lighting, but they really did look better and I was so excited to use my silver shoe cream!

Last but not least, I spent a few hours teaching a friend how to do a high shine, and with the incredibly generous tip I received, bought myself something off my Amazon wish list:


Yes, I am in Nerdvana.

I have wanted for some time to better understand this strange material, leather, that I work on. It was once living skin, and then with an incredible amount of work, it is turned into something magnificent. I want to understand better how that happens.

Currently I am reading the book index and learning such wonderful new words. Did you know that the element Actinium glows blue in the dark? It is what we envision when we think of radioactivity as glowing. What better way to spend a day than learning something new?


No comments:

Post a Comment