Sunday, September 13, 2015

Late Summer Report, and a New Look!

Time to change things up! This fall I'm making some changes. New hairstyle in the works. Possibly a tattoo if I can swing the cash. And a re-fresh for my blog.

So what's been going on?

In August I had the honor of coordinating the Bootblacks at Chesapeake Leather and Pride, at the Baltimore Playhouse. Darn it was hot. But we had a good time.

Then a week later, I served on the Bootblack team at the Master/slave Conference, in Rockville Maryland. Yay for air conditioning!

Here I am serving as a footrest for a shiny pair of boots. Oh this was fun:




Nice tread marks on my knees here, from another customer:


A pair of oil tan work boots, before:

And after:
I've been thinking a lot about this blog, and why I don't keep it up more, since I do love to write. 

I think because I do a lot more things with my life than bootblacking. 

This blog is titled "A Bootblack's Journey" and I think I need to incorporate more steps in my journey than just the ones with boots on.

So...as they say, "to be continued." 

No comments:

Post a Comment