Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Congratulations to My Mentor, Cherielle Rice, Southwest Community Bootblack 2015

I was thrilled to get the news that my Bootblack teacher and mentor, Cherielle Rice, just won Southwest Community Bootblack 2015.

She has gone through a lot since I've known her, and although I don't know the other contestants, I think she certainly deserves the award.

This is a quote from her Facebook page that tells a little something about who she is:

Never apologize for being PROUD of who you are. Family is not always genetics. Your family are those who choose to accept, love, and support you in life. Honor them and yourself by doing your very best, learning from your mistakes, and reaching out to those in need. Be the voice for those who may not have found theirs yet...this is my Leather Code of Ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment