Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Miscellaneous Stuff

This week I'm working on a new project. Repairing military boots with lots of little flags I need to glue down.

When I started learning bootblacking all those years ago (like, 3) these little flaps were called "Irish pennants". I am told we shouldn't use that phrase anymore because it's an insult to the Irish.

I'm half Irish and I kind of like the phrase, but maybe that's my German side laughing at the Irish side.

So now I will use the boring phrase "flags" to indicate those little hanging bits of leather that I will carefully tack down using a toothpick and superglue.

Pictures to follow when they're done.

In other news, I have lots going on in the spring -- I will be bootblacking in April, May, June, and then not til August. It is good to have events on my calendar that I can look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment